www.flickr.com

Me, running?






Well for some reason or other I have agreed to do the Cancer Research Race for Life this year in June with my sister Emma and possibly a couple of other friends.

It is five whole kilometres.

And that seems like quite a long way to be running anywhere to me. Those who know me well will know that any kind of running is not my forte shall we say. At school it never took me less than 10 minutes to run the 1500m, and most people did it in about 3-5 mins.

So why am I doing it? Well since having Callum my attempts to lost weight have been sporadic at best, deeply confounded by Christmas and my birthday and lots of chocolate and good food. Emma asked if I'd like to do the race with her and I figured a challenge like this would give me the incentive I need to get going. Plus I couldn't really think of a good reason not to.

My Granny Pip died from cancer and both my grandpas have had skin cancer so I guess I'm doing it for them too.

If you'd like to sponsor me then click on the wee little box on the right ->

If you'd just like to come and laugh at me then it's on June 3rd starting at 11am at Don Valley stadium. Don't worry, I'm sure there will be pictures for those who can't make it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll sponsor you, and I've put a bit on my blog too. Maybe I should do it, that or the Great Scottish Walk.

Dead impressed that your friend made her wedding dress, something I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to do given that I can only just about do cushion covers! Love the idea of trying to keep everything fairtrade and local too.