www.flickr.com

changing seasons

As I was clearing my desk on Friday I took down all my little pictures and stuff. Amongst them was this prayer.

Flame Dancing Spirit,
Come sweep us off our feet and
Dance us through our days.
Surprise us with your rhythms;
Dare us to try new steps, explore
New patterns and new relationships;
Release us from old routines
To swing in abandoned joy and
Fearful adventure.
And in the intervals,
Rest us in your still centre.
Amen.

It really seems to sum up the change of seasons that's happening right now. I finished work on Friday so am in a new season of rest (albeit temporary!) and preparation whilst Ben started back at school today. The old routines will certainly be gone soon and we're definitely on a new adventure. Our prayer is that we find the stillness of God right in the middle of it all.

No comments: